Re: LOG after commit, What it is?

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 12:24:06AM -0700 or thereabouts, Gurban M. Tewekgeli wrote:
> Hi GTP members,
>
>   When I commit a po file, vi appeared for a log file.
> What I must write for the log file. Have it a format
> like Changelog or no?

This is the message which appears:

  (1) As the log message in the body of the email sent to cvs-commits-list.
      This list sends subscribers an email for every commit made anywhere
      in gnome CVS. It has quite high traffic.
      http://mail.gnome.org/archives/cvs-commits-list/
  (2) Same, only there is a cvs-po-commits list which does po files only:
      http://mail.gnome.org/archives/cvs-po-commits-list/
> (3) On the ViewCVS web interface which lets you browse CVS
      http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/evolution-data-server/
      http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/evolution-data-server/po/

(At least, I _think_ this is the message which viewcvs uses..)

It is sensible to put your Changelog entry there. Some people just
commit with the -m argument, which expects a brief message and then
uses that, instead of you getting dropped into the editor.

cvs commit -m "Updated XX translation" Changelog XX.po

(I may have the syntax wrong there; I don't use it.)

Other people just make notes which don't look like the Changelog
entry at all. Every so often, someone will put something silly
there, or rant about the tools they're using or the code they're
working on.

Telsa