Re: Weekly translation status

Hi Alexander,

Alexander Winston <alexander.winston@comcast.net> writes:

> On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 04:35 +0100, danilo@gnome.org wrote:
>
>> Smallprint: this is automated report.  Though, if something
>> doesn't work as expected, don't curse the machine:
>> it's Danilo's fault.
>
> Danilo, a lot of these percentages don't seem to jive exactly with those
> displayed on <http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.6/
> index.html>. How did you generate them?

Have you tried
  http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.6/essential.html
?

;)

This is what counts as the "official" Gnome Desktop & Developer Platform
(categories "desktop" and "developer-libs").  If it was not this way,
I'd just point people at
  http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.6/top.html
instead of concerning myself with generating a report :)

Though, since I'm actually collecting more data (per-category number
of translated, fuzzy and untranslated messages), I actually parse
per-language pages
  http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.6/xx/
where "xx" is the language code in question.

You may see the exact number of translated messages if you take a
peek at the source code on the following page:
  http://kvota.net/sri/stats26.php?start=2004-03-04&end=2004-03-11
(I just couldn't come up with a nice way to output it all)

There's a database updated every day at 21:00 GMT (which means it
will be updated for 2004-03-12 in about two hours, so you could use
that in the "end" field), and it contains data since early December
2003 (if you want to see how did the stats move :).

Cheers,
Danilo