Re: GNOME 2.6: What's new in i18n?

Sergey seemed to have stripped all the CCs, so I'm putting them back in.

Baris Cicek <baris@teamforce.name.tr> writes:

> Maybe mentioning the new supported languages also a good idea. As number
> at least like 'X new languages are now supported, and X new is semi-
> supported'.

Wasn't that exactly the thing Murray had in mind?

I think this should not be too hard, since we've got the languages
supported at the time of 2.4.0 release in the release notes, and it's
easy to get the list of currently supported languages (though, we
want to do that as late as possible, since we're now in the period
when number of supported languages should grow).  If you want to
track status, visit http://kvota.net/sri/stats26.php?end=2004-03-06
for latest status (it's updated at 21:00 GMT each day).

Since I've just resumed posting weekly translation status updates
(see http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2004-March/msg00054.html)
I can help with gathering the list of languages which are "new" in
their supportedness.  Similar list should be in Gnome Summary for
wider population, but I may add d-d-l as well to the list of
recipients.

Cheers,
Danilo