Re: gdm2 string freeze breakage

Hi,

Christian Rose <menthos@gnome.org> writes:

[...]

> This string addition appears to be supposed to add an "en_DK" language
> to the language list, which would seem nonsensic to most people, as
> there simply is no large English-speaking population minority in
> Denmark, and English isn't an official language of Denmark either. The
> only official language in Denmark is Danish. Thus, adding en_DK as a
> language makes as little sense as adding any other random combination of
> any language and territory.
>
> Also, we don't have any en_DK translations in GNOME, and given the above
> situation, there's very little probability we will ever have such.

I don't think the change was right, but the reason it was added is
probably that some (technical) Danish people here in Denmark want
their interface to speak English, but otherwise use Danish paper
formats, decimal point etc.

Don't ask me why - I think it is completely silly and nonsensical. But
that's the way it is.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/