Re: New team for "Nasa Yuwe" language

mån 2004-06-07 klockan 06.20 skrev santiago j ruano rincon:
> I would like to start a project for translate gnome to the "Nasa Yuwe
> language", which is the mother tongue of the some native comunities of
> Colombia, which are located in poor regions of my country.
>
> Please, tell me what is(are) the next step(s)?

Do you know if the language has an official ISO 639 language code (see
the http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/ homepage)?

If not, the first step would be to go through the process of registering
a language code. We use the language codes extensively in the process of
translating GNOME, and it's also used in the locale system in glibc
which we have no control over, so without an official language code
getting your translations officially registered and used would probably
be impossible.