Re: [fdo] Re: On translation regressions due to freedesktop.org dependencies

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 09:47:57PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Is there some way we can have a list of groups that translators should
> be in, such that each module maintainer can add their module's group to
> the list?
>
> So e.g. I could say "translators should be in group dbus" and then
> translators would be able to access the dbus module.

If the various projects are fine with this, we could have a very small
translators project. Every translator could be a member of this project,
so we could have a script to do the necessary sync. We could also hold a
list of participating projects in ~i18n, or whatever.

However, this still doesn't change the base issue: with xorg (or
whatever), I'm personally quite uncomfortable every time we grow the
committers list[0], so I really don't think this is the best situation,
to be honest.

Again, it's not that I distrust translators specifically, it's just that
I'm a cynical bastard when it comes to dumping code in something as
unimportant as, say, X.

And, as Debian proved, every single developer is a possible attack
vector.

[0]: ... guess how happy I am about the sudoers situation.

--
Daniel Stone                                            <daniel freedesktop org>
freedesktop.org: powering your desktop                http://www.freedesktop.org