Re: Some hints and guidelines for the .po file headers

Could not the same thing be said for the CVS history?

I have also seen the Last-Translator used as a basis for creating the "Credits" content for Help/About dialogues.

>>> Carlos Perelló Marín <carlos gnome org> 22/07/2004 11:53:56 >>>
On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 09:39 +0430, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
[...]

> > "Last-Translator: FULL NAME <EMAIL ADDRESS>\n"
> >
> > Here you should enter the last translator who edited the file and this
> > person's email address.
>
> Just curious, why is the "last" translator so important in gettext?

Because it's the best way to know who is maintaining the translation and
you can contact that person easily. Also it's a good help to l10n/i18n
tools like translation status pages (I'm using that field now).

Cheers.

> roozbeh

Carlos Perelló Marín
Debian GNU/Linux Sid (PowerPC)
Linux Registered User #121232
mailto:carlos pemas net || mailto:carlos gnome org
http://carlos.pemas.net
Valencia - Spain