Re: translator_credits

On Sun, 2004-01-04 at 20:44, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > translator_credits
>
> this is the first time I hear about this but then I'm not a
> translator. We recently added translator credits to The GIMP and since
> we didn't know about this convention, we used a different string to
> translate. I'd like to change it to "translator_credits" but we
> usually don't include email addresses in the About dialog. Is this
> string supposed to be used for anything else than the About dialog?
> Can you give me some advice whether it would be a good idea for gimp
> to use "translator_credits" (or "translator-credits" which I would
> prefer)?

In case everyone missed this question... could some one answer this
please.

For me, it will be helpful to know how to attract/answer translators
when they inquire how visible their contributions will be... ie, anyone
know any other application where the about dialog gives credit to
translators?

Regards,

Ramanan