Re: Translation problems and bad strings

(Cc'ing Rich Burridge, who is listed in MAINTAINERS: Rich, these
are some of a long list of error messages which are marked for
translation in gcalctool.(

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 01:30:34PM +0100 or thereabouts, Åsmund Skjæveland wrote:
> [gcalctool]
> > msgid ""
> > "*** B = %d ILLEGAL IN CALL TO MPCHK.\n"
> > "PERHAPS NOT SET BEFORE CALL TO AN MP ROUTINE ***\n"
> > msgid ""
> > "*** ERROR OCCURRED IN MPROOT, NEWTON ITERATION NOT CONVERGING PROPERLY ***\n"
> > msgid "*** ABS(X) NOT LESS THAN 1 IN CALL TO MPEXP1 ***\n"
>
> Should these strings be marked translatable at all?

Well, we wondered that :) Are they for the user, the developer, or
what? If they are user messages, they are for users who understand
mathematics!

> Åsmund Skjæveland <aasmunds@fys.uio.no>

Telsa