Re: GTK+ string addition

Ar 29/02/2004 am 16:42, ysgrifennodd Owen Taylor:
> Sorry folks, another GTK+ string addition:
>
> Sun Feb 29 16:35:23 2004  Owen Taylor  <otaylor@redhat.com>
>
>         * gtk/gtktextview.c: Add a error-underline-color style
>         property.
>
> Added two strings related to wavy-red underlines for spelling/etc.
>
>   P_("Error underline color"),
>   P_("Color with which to draw error-indication underlines"),
>
> It's a po-properties string, so not user visible except for
> GUI builders.

Given that we've taken the step of splitting up GTK's strings into the
"gtk+" and the "gtk+-properties" domains, would it be appropriate to
move the "gtk+-properties" into the "extras" section? My understanding
is that those strings are not generally user-visible, which suggests to me
that they should not be counted as part of the core GNOME desktop.

(No, I'm not saying that because I'm lazy; the Welsh translation of
gtk+-properties is mostly up-to-date.)

Given gtk+-properties strings' status, what should the freeze policy be
for those strings? The same as the rest of GTK? Or should
gtk+-properties be treated more liberally?

--
Dafydd