Re: New string in gnome-control-center

Hi,

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 11:39, Sergey V. Udaltsov wrote:
> > 	At this late stage in the string freeze I think printing this error on
> > stderr unstranslated should be an option.
> This message should be USER VISIBLE - stderr of gnome-settings-daemon is
> not visible. The whole problem was raised when user noticed that his
> xmodmap files are ignored (because he had xkb enabled and used xmodmap
> configuration). It took some time for him to realize what was wrong - so
> we should prevent such situations.

	When things like this are broken, people tend to check
.xsession-errors. In my opinion, having this error message untranslated
in .xsession-errors is probably more acceptable than breaking the string
freeze.

	I could get into a discussion about whether error dialogs like this are
a good idea at all, but not right now. The issue is whether we should
break the string freeze at all.

Cheers,
Mark.