Re: CVS account

tor 2004-12-23 klockan 10:49 +0000 skrev Pema Geyleg:
>   I am coordinating the work on translating the Gnome Essentials po
> files in Dzongkha. However I donot have CVS account to commit the
> translated po files in the CVS. Presently we are translating Gnome
> DeveloperLib and first draft of all the po files translation has been
> completed. We have some final translation of some of the po files
> which I feel needs to be committed in CVS....
>   I would be grateful for the help....

You can send me (or someone else with a CVS account willing to do it)
the files, and we'll commit the translations for you. Just make sure
that the files are valid (that they pass the "msgfmt -cv dz.po" test
without errors or warnings), that they're encoded in UTF-8, and that you
gzip the files before attaching them to the mail.
If you instead put the po files up on a home page somewhere, you don't
need to compress them, as I/we can simply fetch them from there and
commit them.

CVS accounts are typically only granted to an individual *after* this
individual has contributed a non-trivial amount of stuff, so that there
is clear evidence for the need of an account. In the case of
translations, this means that you need to already have had someone else
commit some of your translations to CVS before you can apply for an
account of your own.