Re: msgfmt/intltool equivalencies

Today at 12:03, Telsa Gwynne wrote:

> I have always used this to get a new po file to work on.
>
> $ intltool-update --pot
> $ msgmerge -o new-cy.po cy.po gnome-app.pot
>
> But there is also, apparently,
>
> $ intltool-update cy
>
> What's the difference?

There's only a difference of two files in your msgmerge example, but
you could also use "msgmerge -o cy.po cy.po gnome-app.pot" to get
exactly the same effect.  intltool-update just unifies it into one
command (and you've actually already ran most of intltool-update with
"--pot").

msgmerge is careful enough not to overwrite cy.po if it fails to
update it.

Cheers,
Danilo