Re: evolution-exchange, pot-file missing

Hi Martin,

Today at 21:02, Martin Willemoes Hansen wrote:

> The pot-file seems to be missing from the evolution-exchange package.
> The statistics for Danish is not generated correctly for this package:
> http://l10n-status.gnome.org/gnome-2.8/da/desktop/index.html
>
> Anyone know what is going on?

Uhm, yes, I know what's going on ;-)

intltool-update tries to deduce the POT file name from configure.in
file.  Unfortunately, this doesn't work very well for
evolution-exchange since it uses shell backticks for getting version
number of evolution-exchange into POT name (if intltool-update blindly
just used this string everywhere, as it does in "-p", it might work,
but that would limit our ability to detect common errors).

It has long been suggested *not* to use anything but static strings
in a definition of GETTEXT_PACKAGE (some things are correctly parsed,
but anything fancy such as this is way off), at least when using
intltool.

This should be reported as a bug in evolution-exchange: care to do
that and CC dsegan gmx net at http://bugzilla.ximian.com/?

Thanks for spotting and reporting this!

Cheers,
Danilo