Re: default theme consensus
- From: Calum Benson <Calum Benson Sun COM>
- To: Christian Rose <menthos gnome org>
- Cc: GNOME I18N List <gnome-i18n gnome org>, Link Dupont <link subpop net>
- Subject: Re: default theme consensus
- Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:29:42 +0100
On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 15:08, Christian Rose wrote:
> Is it "Glider" as in the sense of an unmotored aeroplane? Or is there
> some other connection that I'm missing with the theme name?
Well, it wasn't my choice of name, but my interpretation is a little
less literal... given that it's based on the Smooth engine and was
originally called "Simply Smooth", I think the new name is just supposed
to convey "smooth and effortless" generally.
What do you reckon, Link?
CALUM BENSON, Usability Engineer Sun Microsystems Ireland
mailto:calum benson sun com Java Desktop System Group
http://ie.sun.com +353 1 819 9771
Any opinions are personal and not necessarily those of Sun Microsystems
] [Thread Prev