Re: Translator credits in Blam!

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 22:40 +0200, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> On mÃn, 2004-08-09 at 21:34 -0300, Raphael Higino wrote:
> > Hello Mikael,
>
> Hi,
>
> > How should the string below be translated? Will it show the translators
> > names when Blam! is using a locale and then I should put my name? Or should
> > I translate it literaly?
> >
> > If it's the translator credits, you'd better use the most common string
> > "translator_credits" which every one will understand, or comment the code so
> > it show in po file.
> >
> >  #: src/blam.glade.h:17
> > msgid "Insert translators names"
> >
> > Thank you in advance.
>
> I didn't know what the standard term was, I'll update the string to
> "translator_credits".

Actually it would be better if you use translator-credits, instead of
the version w/ underscore. That's because vast majority of translation
tools count that underscore as a mark for accelerator key, and returns
error, as the translation of that text is Name Surname <email>, which
has no underscore in it.

--
Baris.
Public Key: