Re: ngettext revisited

> This seems to be contradicting to me. I.e. you want some "essential"
> part of Gnome to require ngettext (meaning it won't work without it),
> yet one line is too much for you to achieve that same goal ;-)

The point is that this same line will have to be duplicated in each
module, and it will be forgotten in half of those modules, especially if
the people doing the ngettext patches don't add the necessary check in
their patches nor explicitly mentions the need for this check. Most
module maintainers probably only know the strict minimum about i18n, and
won't necessarily think about adding it (though it will probably become
more difficult after this thread :p)

Christophe