How to see boot messages in locale ?

Guys here is my problem. I installed Mandrake 9.1 using installation in
English but I also checked other langs to include (Azerbaijani and Russian).
So now my boot messages appear in English. As a translator to Azerbaijani I
would like to see those messages in my language to be able to control them.
But I don't have any idea how to switch to that. Could anyone help please? I
tried updating installation using my own language but all that did is to
change the console font in/etc/sysconfig/i18n I suppose to an ugly comic
font. I also changed all settings in that file to "az" and that did not help
too.  I see that this may be a platform dependent question but I have google
and found nothing :/

I believe the standart console font does not support unicode. In this case
do you guys know where to get a working unicode font for boot messages and
terminal. I really need them! Thanks a lot !

--Metin Amiroff

PS: sorry for duplicate post, it happens when I am nervous ...