Re: GNOME Applets: String Addition

sön 2003-09-21 klockan 20.17 skrev Christian Neumair:

> > > No. Since this is an i18n bugfix, I committed it to gnome-2-4 branch as
> > > well.
> >
> > And the gnome-2-4 branch is still in string freeze and will most likely
> > forever be so.
> >
> > Note that I'm not opposed to *this* specific fix going in, just that
> > messages are supposed to be string frozen and I think it would be nice
> > to ask this list in advance, also for message bug fixes.
>
> Sorry for that. I've taken a look at older messages on this list and
> seen various string freeze broken messages, so I didn't consider it the
> end of the world.

What you've seen in the archives is probably exactly the things we want
to avoid.

> You should definitly put up guidelines on the web -
> but maybe I just haven't found them.

The release team have been pretty good IMHO with documenting the release
process and what the various freezes mean.
http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/tasks.html#ApprovingFreezeBreaks has
been online since the current string freeze started.

As always, ask *before* if you're unsure.