Re: Which Help files format translate?

Hi, you should probably ask this question on docs list, instead of
gnome-i18n (there's greater chance they'll be knowledgeable about the
issue).

петак, 19. септембар 2003. 10:55:31 CEST — dooteo написа:

> Which help files format should we translate? I mean, on some modules,
> into 'docs' and 'help' subdirectories there are file formats like:
>
> 	*.sgml
> 	*.xml

These are most likely to contain what needs to be translated.

> 	*.omf

These are ScrollKeeper "metadata" files, but I am not sure if they
should be translated. I believe there was some Sun's guide to doing
documentation translation -- you could probably look into that.

> that are translatables. But others like:
> 	l10n.txt
> 	*.txt
> 	*.pdf
> 	*.dat
>
> I think not are to be translated.

Probably right -- if there's anything peculiar about the package, you
would probably see a file like "README.translators", "TRANSLATORS-
README" or similar.

Generally, it's all package-by-package basis. But the "official" help
files are probably SGML and XML files which are later used to produce
HTML, and therefore, used by Yelp.

Cheers,
Danilo