Re: query on status page

mĺn 2003-09-08 klockan 23.03 skrev Mugurel Tudor:
> 	On
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.4/ro/index.html
> it is shown that gcalctool is 100% untranslated. The status page was
> updated Mon Sep  8 19:02:50. The problem is that the romanian
> translation was commited a few hours before that date, so it should be
> gcalctool = 100% translated.
>
> Is there any problems, i commited wrong, or is just that the update page
> is not working as expected ?

The status pages are probably working as expected; it's just that there
usually is a significant several hour long delay between commits and
them actually having an effect on the status pages.

The reasons are both that the status pages are not updated continuously
but on specific times day and night, and when they are updated, it takes
a couple of hours simply to process all the data and generate the
statistics for all modules and languages, so when the updated pages are
actually displayed, they are based on a couple of hours old data.

Thus, if your translation doesn't show up in the next status page update
tonight (European time) then there's probably something wrong, but I
wouldn't myself expect them to show up unless they have been committed,
say, three hours in advance of the next time updated status pages are
being displayed. I don't know about the exact times since Carlos is the
one running the stats, but in my own experience I usually allow for *at
least* three hours or even more for my translations to actually show up
on the status pages.