Re: nautilus-cd-burner for gnome 2.4

mån 2003-09-08 klockan 01.21 skrev Dafydd Harries:
> > Except that I got the substitution wrong (ie. the string to replace was
> > right already) in my ChangeLog entry, so Jordi is taking the piss ;)
> >
> > Just one stupid question: does this count as a string change? Because,
> > in the end, translators will get a different .po file...
>
> My understanding is that "string change" means "change to a string
> marked for translation" - i.e., in PO file terminology, an actual
> msgid. Hence this is not a string change.

Correct. If all changes to po files due to changes in the code, but not
necessarily in the actual msgids, were to also be counted as string
changes, string freeze would effectively be a code freeze, since the
line numbers for messages change when code is added/removed... ;-)
So no, string freeze is only broken if actual msgids are added or
changed.