Re: Translation of program names

Kaixo!

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 04:47:22PM +0100, Danilo Segan wrote:

> if you accept the fact that not all potential users of Gnome need to
> understand and be familiar with roman/latin alphabet. Or am I wrong,
> and this indeed is a requirement?

Well, there is such a requirement, not because of Gnome, but because
of the internet.
If you can't recognize and type latin letters, you cannot type http
addresses, nor email addresses, nor IRC channel names, etc...

That being said, I agree with the possibility to "translate"
(or at least transliterate) program names.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://chanae.walon.org/pablo/		PGP Key available, key ID: 0xD9B85466
[you can write me in Walloon, Spanish, French, English, Italian or Portuguese]

PGP signature