Re: GDM branched

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 08:21:40PM +0200, Christian Rose wrote:
> tor 2003-10-16 klockan 19.43 skrev George:
> > I just branched GDM.  So HEAD is out of the freeze and the branch is called
> > gnome-2-4.  On the other hand however I expect to do stable releases from
> > HEAD since there is no real development going on, but it is unfrozen now,
> > (but should be kept stable)
>
> If you do stable releases from HEAD, will you still pull translation
> updates from gnome-2-4?

I dunno how to work that actually.  Strings will change in HEAD (I have a
couple of FIXMEs I want to do, so there will be some changes, plus I think
a whole pile of strings that should be trnslated aren't and such) so I'm not
sure if merging will work.

In any case, I doubt there will be a lot of such releases since again I won't
really have time to do much work.  I expect mostly minor changes.  Only in
case that someone starts doing some major development in HEAD, or if HEAD
destabilizes for some reason, will the branch really be used.

It's just since I don't have that much time right now with school so I don't
really want to maintain two branches.  (In any case for security stuff I have
to backport the 2-2 branch too)  There are really only two major series of
GNOME2.x versions of GDM and I'd like to keep it that way :)

George

--
George <jirka@5z.com>
   We must know, we shall know.  -- David Hilbert