Translating multiple branches

What is the best way to translate multiple branches of an application?
I've been looking at the CVS manual, and as far as I can tell, the
process of merging files across branches is cumbersome and easy to do
wrong, especially if a file is merged more than once. Also, as I
understood the manual, this could lose some translations specific to the
branch the file was merged onto. Is it better to check out the two
branches and merge the translations, and then check in again? (Can
msgmerge merge two PO-files?)

--
Åsmund Skjæveland <aasmunds@fys.uio.no>

This is a digitally signed message part