Re: problem with po files

mån 2003-11-17 klockan 10.19 skrev Arafat Medini:
> I am the Arabic gnome maintainer, I took for some time now the project
> and when i began cleaning the po files for 2.6 (redoing messages etc...)
> I remarked a problem which, as it seems, only arabic has:
> The po files include strings which are not in the pot file or in any
> other language. i don't know where these extra strings come from but I
> tracked the problem till 2.2 for eg. take a look at ggv.po
>
> Has anyone any idea about why this problem happened? And how I can
> correct it?

I'm not really sure what you're talking about, and I'm probably
misunderstanding something, as
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.2/PO/ggv.gnome-2-2.ar.po
looks completely normal to me.

Are you talking about the #~ messages? Then that's the way of
automatically marking obsoleted messages and it's completely normal.

Btw, ggv HEAD has no ar translation at all; please remember to always
commit to HEAD first and then on the branches when committing a new
translation, as described on
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/tutorials/gnome-i18n/translator.html.