Re: Removed gpaint from status pages / no need to translate it

lör 2003-03-29 klockan 21.30 skrev Andy Tai:
> gpaint is still being developed.  The development site
> always has been in the sv.gnu.org site.   I never see
> anyone say fifth toe applications must reside in GNOME
> CVS,

Noone has claimed that either. Fifth Toe applications can be whereever
they want to be. That's the purpose of Fifth Toe after all; a common
release of applications using GNOME technologies and with *very* relaxed
conditions for inclusion. The applications have to be using GNOME
libraries and that's basically it.

GNOME core applications on the other hand among other things also *have
to* use GNOME resources such as GNOME cvs and bugzilla, so that GNOME
developers, testers, documentators and translators all have a common
place to do their work and coordinate stuff for development and
releases. So any applications, that currently are in Fifth Toe but where
the developers of it aim for it to be included in GNOME core, have to
use GNOME resources before even being considered for inclusion. I
assumed gpaint had that goal, at least long-term. Appearantly I was
wrong.

> and I believe some other GNOME applications (part
> of GNOME Office or other parts, not necessary fifth
> toe) also exist elsewhere (like Abiword?).

Abiword isn't a GNOME core application.

> Please let me have the chance to retrieve the
> translations first.

I've sent you a tarball with them privately now.

> Thanks to all the people who have contributed
> translations so far.  More translations are invited.

...but not likely to happen in any larger scale from GNOME translators
as long as you don't use GNOME cvs.
Good luck with future development,