Re: build breakages and translators

Op ma 10-03-2003, om 09:44 schreef Murray.Cumming@Comneon.com:
> The release-team has noticed that some of the GNOME CVS build breakages have
> been caused by translators who have added or removed languages.
>
> In general, people should always check that a module builds before checking
> their changes into cvs. This is even more important for translators who
> might not have so much experience with cvs or build files.
The policy for translators is to check if their po file passes the
msgfmt test.
I think it's too much to *demand* for translators to be able to compile
every single module.
You could always ask though.

As long as it stays with 'some build breakages'. I don't think it's a
big problem, and I don't think it's getting worse.
'Some' of the other breakages have been caused by developers, and these
people are even supposed to be experienced.
If a build breaks because of a translators' commit, I guess the problem
will not be so severe that it can not be easily solved.

> People often forget to "cvs add" new .po files. Unless you, or someone else,
> tests a new checkout then this is something that people just have to
> remember. If there is some how-to-translate-GNOME document somewhere then
> maybe this advice should be added to it.
I think there is enough information available.

--Tino Meinen