RE: [Usability] Re: [Fwd: Re: Your final comments on gswitchit in 2.4...]

> > That sounds like the simplest solution - just remove flags
> completely and
> > use the layout ID.
> Yes. But EVERYONE who advises me this should keep in mind - this will
> work ONLY in XFree 4.3.0+. All other servers/earlier versions will be
> broken. SGI invented great XKB protocol. But the configuration system
> they submitted for it HEAVILY SUCKS (and only XFree 4.3.0
> straighten it
> a bit - though not without bugs - already fixed in 4.3.0.99 or
> something)

I don't understand this. Why does an older version of XFree force us to show
pictures of flags on the panel instead of some text?

Murray Cumming
murrayc@usa.net
www.murrayc.com
Remember to use the "Reply To All" feature with mailing lists.