Re: Slides from the I18N BOF

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 01:34:31AM +0800, Funda Wang wrote:
> Christian> Some locale values for the different categories are obviously incorrect.
> I agree with you.
>
> Let's take timezone as an example. There are some capital cities was lost
> in timezone(Beijing/China, Ottawa/Canada), although not all the timezones
> are represented by capital cities. The only official time inside China is
> called "Time of Beijing", but not the time represented by Shanghai/Chiongqing.

Hmm, my understanding is that glibc locales only have one example of a
timezone spec, and it is not Chinese, so where have you found this
error?

> Christian> At some point in time en_CA had A4 as the default paper size for
> That is it. In China, we use both A4-series/B5-series and our national
> paper size, which is represented by the percent the paper will be of specific
> size(1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32). Unfortunately, no application allowed
> them except customized size.

OK, so you use ISO paper sizes in China? If you use ISO paper sizes the
normal thing is to specify the A4 measures in LC_PAPER. I am not sure if
this also applies in China.

Best regards
keld