[Fwd: RE: Your final comments on gswitchit in 2.4...]

-----Пересланное сообщение-----
From: Murray.Cumming@Comneon.com
To: sergey.oudaltsov@clients.ie
Cc: jdub@perkypants.org, jrb@redhat.com, jody@gnome.org, release-team@gnome.org
Subject: RE: Your final comments on gswitchit in 2.4...
Date: 23 Jun 2003 18:03:16 +0200

Murray Cumming
murrayc@usa.net
www.murrayc.com

OK, but I think the terms "primary" and "secondary" layouts are not very
clear. What are they meant to do exactly? Why does Murray need a secondary
layout but Bob needs a primary layout?

> - Remembering (optionally!) layout and indicators

What is an "indicator" here? Is it just an icon telling me what layout I am
using in the window?

> per-window (that's
> only possible with the applet on panel).

Yes, I can see how that might be useful, but it might not be essential
functionality.

> - Configurable pixmaps for the applet

Why is this necessary?

> - Arbitrary commands to run at switching (there is no UI for
> this - it
> is configurable only in gconf)

Again, why is this necessary?

> - Configuring not only layouts (variants), but also they keys
> to switch
> between them (and other xkb configuration possibilities - though I
> cannot say EXACTLY which ones are really requested - that is why all
> "Options" are here today).

I think it is sensible to start with basic functionality and add features
when people make a good case for them, instead of starting with everything
and then dealing with the complaints when you remove them.

Murray Cumming
murrayc@usa.net
www.murrayc.com
--
Sergey

=?koi8-r?Q?=FC=D4=C1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=DE=C1=D3=D4=D8?==?koi8-r?Q?_=D3=CF=CF=C2=DD=C5=CE=C9=D1?==?koi8-r?Q?_=D0=CF=C4=D0=C9=D3=C1=CE=C1?==?koi8-r?Q?_=C3=C9=C6=D2=CF=D7=CF=CA?==?koi8-r?Q?_=D0=CF=C4=D0=C9=D3=D8=C0?=