Re: Announcing The Tetum Translation Project

fre 2003-06-20 klockan 11.03 skrev Peter Gossner:
> Announcing The Tetum Translation Project.
>
> We have commenced a general translation (gettext based) project for the
> tetum language.

Excellent! Support for Tetum [tet] is most welcome. I've added your name
and e-mail address to the teams page now
(http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/teams.html).

I'll send a mail in private to you with a request for bugzilla details.
Please reply to that mail as soon as possible.

Other than that, please ask around on this mailing list or at the IRC
channel #i18n on irc.gnome.org if you need help getting started.
Currently, we are focusing our translation efforts on the upcoming GNOME
2.4 release. You can find a preliminary list of the included software on
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.4/ under the
"desktop" and "developer-libs" sections. You also find links to the pot
files to translate on those pages. Just click on an existing language
and you'll be able to get at the pot files. Once Tetum translations have
started to appear in GNOME CVS, a
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.4/tet/ page will
automatically be created with instant access to all pot files and tet po
files.

Once you have translated some of these pot files, you can send them to
me and I'll try to put them into cvs for you. Just make sure that the
files pass the "msgfmt -cv tet.po" test, that they are encoded in UTF-8,
and that you compress them using gzip before attaching them to the mail.

Once you've contributed a few translations this way, we can arrange a
cvs account for you, so that you can put translations directly into cvs
later on.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Thanks, and welcome,