gtranslator R 0.99 "Rotted Bovine Lactation" out!

Hi alltogether, the interested users, friends & packagers of
gtranslator, one of the powerful gettext po files editing programs! :-)

There is a new release of gtranslator (# 0.99) out there, which is the
first one for the GNOME 2.x platform and working quite good and can be
used to work with it - the downloads are being capable from
www.gtranslator per
http://www.gtranslator.org/download/releases/0.99/gtranslator-0.99.tar.gz (direct download link) or per complete file listing on http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=666 - I did also put a VERY VERY STUPID NON-OFFICIAL and SUPER DUMP Debian package up there which I had build for myself - it should install on a fairly current GNOME 2.x setup on unstable but isn't meant as a substitution for our official Debian packages, just a pre-try package if you want to name it so :-)

The official homepage for gtranslator is still and actively
http://www.gtranslator.org - the screenshots there are outdated but the
files are present there - for further developmental progress you can
touch, look, code in the CVS module "gtranslator" in the GNOME CVS repo
- btw, the file release is tagged there "gtranslator-0-99" if you don't
want to use the tarball but the CVS style of doing things.

Announcements to the main Linux sites will also go out shortly now and
hopefully our packagers will also put up their packages of gtranslator
0.99 quite soon, so that you can try this quite important and great
progress in gtranslator development which has been made by the new
maintainer and developer of gtranslator: by Ross Golder
<ross@golder.org> - thanks to him for bringing gtranslator back to life
(to quote Evanescence hehe ;-)) and to take the adventure of porting it
onto GNOME 2.x and getting the most important bugs out of it, thanks!

Here comes the NEWS file excerpt for this release in short:

NEWS from gtranslator R 0.99 "Rotted Bovine Lactation" (2003-06-13):

- Updated man-page.
- Mainly good ported GNOME 2.0 port, it works!
- Hurray, gtranslator lives!
- Ross Golder as new developer of gtranslator who took it over :-)
- Many bugs were ironed out, a little bit slightened code basis.
- Smashed the externally semerkent library into the gtranslator source
stocks
   in here and it will now be just a static lib for gtranslator internal
    purposes used in here and specialized for usage in gtranslator's
code.
- Sorta of small changes and other changes and stuff noone wants to ever
   get known to...
- GNOME 2.0 platform port.
- Removal of all backends code.

Now have got much fun with playing it and/or getting used to it, it's a
quite useful and stable release and you should get a look at it and bug
us via http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gtranslator and
help us to get track of the important bugs, problems in gtranslator.

Thanks for the attention and back to work.