Re: DECtalk driver and french language

Janina:

I agree with you 100%.  Note that in point #3 below I mention changing language
on-the-fly in response to <lang> tags in text content; we also need to be able to
change languages based on the locale of the program with which the user is currently
interacting as I note in point #4  (since gnopernicus is a
"meta-application"/user-agent).

I think that doing this well in the near future will require better-tagged content,
as it can be quite difficult to identify the language of a text substring via
automation.  But we can and should create tools to help content creators mark up
their documents when they contain multi-lingual content.

regards,

Bill

------
Bill Haneman x19279