mo file names

"Freedom matters"

Hi,
    I have downloaded the pot files from the status page,
and translated them. But when I compile it to mo file
(I mean using msgfmt), I need to specify the name of the
mo file. The file name to be specified is not simply
apllicationname.mo.
For example gtk+ needs an mo file with  name gtk20.mo
whereas gedit needs an mo file gedit-2.0.mo. How can I
know the expected name of mo file for each application?

 I think I have made my question clear.

-------Regards
         SajithVK------------
http://www.linuxmail.org/