Re: Zenity and the art of translation..

Glynn Foster <glynn.foster@sun.com> writes:

> I'm planning to make a 1.0 release of Zenity sometime in the next 2
> weeks and it would be pretty sweet if it got some, um, translation zen -
> check out 'zenity' in cvs.gnome.org.

You forgot to tell what zenity is - searching Google I found out that
it is a replacement for gdialog.

Anyway, I'm doing a Danish translation right now. However, there quite
a few of the strings which are almost completely the same:

  #: src/main.c:977
  msgid "--title given twice for the same dialog\n"
  msgstr "--title angivet to gange for samme vindue\n"

  #: src/main.c:985
  msgid "--window-icon given twice for the same dialog\n"
  msgstr "--window-icon angivet to gange for samme vindue\n"

Would it be possible to fix the source code to use a helper function
so that we get

  #: src/main.c:977
  msgid "%s given twice for the same dialog\n"
  msgstr "%s angivet to gange for samme vindue\n"

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/