Re: fontilus and the font capplet

<quote who="Jonathan Blandford">

> Kenneth Rohde Christiansen <kenneth@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > Well if this is something that will be in Red Hat anyway, then I rather
> > want to see it in GNOME upstream. Then atleast we have a change of
> > translating it.
>
> (That was why I'm bothering to push it at all instead of just waiting for
> the branch.)

Apologies in advance for the rant.

That does sound nice, but it has no bearing on the community release of 2.2
at all. If you guys are shipping extra modules or patches, then they are
your own inefficiencies that you will have to deal with. I'm all for keeping
the vendor and community releases as similar as possible, but - in my mind -
that's largely a responsibility of the vendors doing the right thing at the
right time (which is, quite understandably, not always possible).

In the mean time, we have a major GNOME release to ship in two weeks, and
most of us aren't able to work on it all the time. We *have* to be efficient
to even approach succeeding. :-)

- Jeff

--
   "Be shunned, be hated, be ridiculed, be scared, be in doubt, but don't
         be gagged. The time of trial is always." - John J. Chapman