Re: [Anjuta-devel] Anjuta makes GNOME i18n broken

  Hi,

Yukihiro Nakai:

> - Scintilla has some double byte codes but it's not enough.

   It looks like the requirement here is to support mixed size character
sets such as Shift JIS. I guess from the look of the code that there is no
explicit locale being passed in to the code, instead, the current locale of
the process is deciding how the gdk_mbstowcs and similar functions behave.

   Is gdk_fontset_load completely equivalent to gdk_font_load? Are there
performance implications of gdk_fontset_load over gdk_font_load? When
enabling Unicode support, there is a large slowdown although I haven't
tested whether this slowdown is caused by the specific call or the extra
work involved caused by multiple fonts in a fontset.

> - I don't know how the resource 'code.page' should be used
> for  the locale behavior,
>   so it is set as 1 in the patch.

   These are platform defined integer cookies that on Windows are the system
defined CP_* constants. Apart from the common values 0 (default) and 65001
used for Unicode, these can be defined to be anything on GTK+. If the actual
locale is transmitted through the environment rather than an explicit
parameter then just setting it to 1 will be fine.

   I'm reasonably happy with the changes to PlatGTK.cxx, although the case
you comment as 'annoying' is a bit ugly. The changes to Document.cxx will
require some more #ifdefing to only occur for GTK+ (the core Scintilla code
runs on 5 graphics toolkits) or new calls added to the platform layer.

   Neil