Re: GNOME translation...

sön 2003-02-23 klockan 06.31 skrev FN:
> Hi Christian, I came across a month-old page of stats from GNOME... of all
> places, via a LUG from Bangladesh. In India, a number of diverse efforts
> seem to be underway to localize GNU/Linux in the wide variety of regional
> and non-English languages we have here. It would be great if you could
> build closer links with groups working in this arena (particularly
> accessible through networks like the Indic-Computing forum on
> Sourceforge). I will share your stats with groups that could get further
> interested. Regards, FN

Hi! Sorry for my late reply. I'm also cc:ing this reply to
gnome-i18n@gnome.org, the GNOME translation mailing list.

We certainly need help with improving language support in GNOME. Our
current supported and partially supported languages are listed at
http://www.gnome.org/i18n/, but also those language teams need help. And
of course we want to be able to add lots of other languages as well!

Our GNOME Translation Project homepage is at
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/ and a page describing how to
join our translation efforts is at
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/join.html. We would encourage
anyone wanting to improve the support for their language in GNOME to
follow the instructions on that page. Or if you know some already
existing localization efforts that may be interested in improving the
language support in GNOME, please spread the information let them know.
We can't do it without help! :-)

Thanks,