Re: Localization

Hi,

mån 2003-02-24 klockan 19.14 skrev Gregory Leblanc:
>     How are you? My Name is Ehab El-Said. I am an Arabic/English translator, I wish to know how i can help in localizing linux documentation into Arabic language. I am graduated from Faculty of Al-Alsun - English department. I holds  a Bachelor of Arts in English. I prepared also a diploma in Information Technology, my main study was Unix Administration. I am using various translation tools like HyperHub , SDLX and Trados 5.0.
> Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks for your offer to help! Help in translating documentation for
many languages is certainly needed.
I'm sure you will get contacted by the Arabic coordinator, but I can
probably help you getting started by pointing to where to subscribe etc.

GNOME translations is handled by the GNOME Translation Project (GTP). It
has a web page on http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/ and also a
list. This can be done by using the web page
http://lists.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnome-i18n/.

GNOME documentation is handled by the GNOME Documentation Project (GDP).
It has a web page on http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/ and also a
translating documentation, I think subscribing to this list as well is a
very good idea. This can be done at
http://lists.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnome-doc-list/.

Last but not least you should get in contact with the Arabic translation
team and subscribe to the appropriate mailing lists there, and also
announce your interest in translating documentation into Arabic there.
You can find a link to the Arabic team's web site at
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/teams.html.

Thanks!