Re: Additional language entries in gdm

Kaixo!

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 11:58:56AM +0100, Christian Rose wrote:

> That's the decision of the release team, I think.
> I found some issues in the patch:
>
> +Bengali                        bn_BD.UTF-8,bn_BD
> +Bengali (Indian)                       bn_IN.UTF-8,bn_IN
>
> Don't know if a space is allowed there before the paranthesis.
> Should perhaps be "India" rather than "Indian".

Is there a difference in language between bn_BD and bn_IN ?
Other languages that are used in several countries only have one
entry in gdm (unless there are noticeable differences).

> +Interlingua                    ia_IA.UTF-8,ia_IA
>
> I don't believe "IA" is a valid country code. Interlingua is also an
> international language that I don't think is, or should be, tied to a
> particular locale.

I use "XX" in such case, eg: eo_XX, ia_XX.

> -       { N_("A-M|Irish"), "ga_IE", NULL, 0 },
>
> Why was this removed? We have some Irish translations.

BTW, the localized strings is "Gaeilge".

> +       /*Note translate the N-Z to the N-Z you used in the group label */
> +       { N_("N-Z|Welsh"), "cy_GB", "Cymru", 0 },
>
> I don't know any Welsh, but the http://www.gnome.org/i18n/ says the
> native name is "Cymraeg". Don't know which one is correct.

Cymru is te country name in Welsh (eg: "Wales").
Cymraeg is the language name (eg: "Welsh")

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://chanae.walon.org/pablo/		PGP Key available, key ID: 0xD9B85466
[you can write me in Walloon, Spanish, French, English, Italian or Portuguese]

PGP signature