Re: Issues with meld and intltool

On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 10:52, Telsa Gwynne wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 07:21:29PM +0100 or thereabouts, Kenneth Rohde Christiansen wrote:
> > I would think so. A lot of people who use intltool don't know how to add
> > internationalization support and they contact me. Then I guide them to
> > other documents or help them over mail or irc.
>
> The danger with incorporating docs is that they get outdated, like..
>
> > The document is also a lot better than the outdated, crappy I18N-HOWTO
> > currently distributed with intltool.
>
> ...um, well. As you have found.
>
> Perhaps a link to it is a safer option?

I am not sure the "getting outdated" argument works here; I have to
store the source somewhere. The HTML version is not "definitive" in the
sense that I generate it from DocBook source. There may be some argument
to moving it out of its current location and into intltool. Except that
I keep having this idea that I should just package up gnome-devel-docs
and release the whole module. If I move the source location, I am not
going to remove the web page (which is more likely to get out of date
than the source).

Kenneth: I'll let this bounce around in my head for today and probably
do something this evening.

Cheers,
Malcolm