Re: "TRUE" in GConf key descriptions

> > This is for plain C, though. There is probably a line somewhere in the
> > source code for GTK+ with:
> >
> >   #define TRUE 1
>
> Actually the definition is in GLib and it reads
>
> #define FALSE (0)
> #define TRUE  (!FALSE)

The source code the string is taken from is:

  g_object_class_install_property (gobject_class,
                                   PROP_IS_IMPORTANT,
                                   g_param_spec_boolean ("is_important",
                                                         _("Is important"),
                                                         _("Whether the action is considered important. When TRUE, toolitem proxies for this action show text in GTK_TOOLBAR_BOTH_HORIZ mode."),

I don't know how this property thingy works in Gtk+, but #define
directives are processed by the preprocessor, so the C compiler and the
running program never sees a variable "TRUE", just the value 1. So does
this bit of code cause a toggle button to appear somewhere in a program,
(in which case I can translate the string, if I can find the code for
the button) or does it look for the string "TRUE" (in which case I can't
translate)?

--
Åsmund Skjæveland <aasmunds@fys.uio.no>