Minimum required gettext and intltool version for Gnome?

I've noticed that my gettext and intltool versions don't catch all the
strings. The particular problem was with a large number of .lang files
in gtksourceview, but now I noticed that even gnome-desktop and gedit
have strings which I didn't get with intltool-update on CVS.

So, are there any official prerequisites for performing Gnome
translation?

It's pretty shitty when you cannot trust intltool-update to perform The
Right Thing, and it can even screw up something (eg. some translations
will be obsoleted which should not).

For the record, I was using GNU gettext 0.10.38 even though I had newer
releases in private/separate directories. With eg. 0.11.5 it works
fine, but I don't remember hearing anything regarding this issue?

Cheers,
Danilo