Re: New Team for Sanskrit

fre 2003-04-11 klockan 20.50 skrev morphius@symonds.net:
> Hi,
>    I would like to announce a new team to localize gnome and other
> applications in sanskrit.
>
>    Maintainer: Mukesh G
>    Email: morphius@symonds.net

Welcome! I have added the Sanskrit team to the teams page now.

The starting point for translating GNOME right now is to translate GNOME
2.2 desktop and GNOME 2.2 developer-libs. We haven't started translating
the next release yet. Once we have a new category on the status pages
for the next major releasewe'll announce it here. But for now 2.2 is
what should be translated. Any new or updated 2.2 translation support
committed to cvs will end up in the following 2.2.x releases to come.

You can get new pot files to translate from the status pages:
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.2/

Once a few Sanskrit translations have been added to cvs, the
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.2/sa/desktop/
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/status/gnome-2.2/sa/developer-libs/
pages will automatically be created, helping you track your work even
better.

You can send me your finished translations and I'll put them into CVS
for you. Just make sure they are encoded in UTF-8, pass a "msgfmt -cv
sa.po" test, and that they are gzipped.

Once you have contributed a few translations this way, we can probably
arrange for a cvs account for you. At that point you should follow the
instructions on http://developer.gnome.org/doc/policies/accounts/ to
apply for one.

If you need any help you can always also ask on IRC on the #i18n channel
on the irc.gnome.org server.

Thanks, and once again welcome,