Re: Need help with i18nizing some strings

Joe Shaw wrote:

>Clearly this won't work for a lot of languages.  How can I refactor this

Most of the Slavic languages would be "incorrect".

>code to work nicely with all languages?  I guess there's also a more
>general "what is the right way to do plurals" question here as well.

info gettext (or "info -f `locate gettext.info`")
and then search for "plural forms" (it's a bit down in the TOC).

Though, I'm not sure if Python gettext support is as good as C one, but
at least you know what to look for.

It's all well explained there, whether you're a translator, or a programmer.

Cheers,
Daneelo