Re: Serbian (sr) language translation team: maintainer unresponsive

Hi,

Pablo Saratxaga wrote:

>Now things have changed quite a lot; and I wonder if latin serbian is
>still as wanted as previoulsy (does KDE still uses latin?)

I think KDE still uses latin, but that ought to change (there's a
separate team that is working on it).

>>Tomislav, and will also ask for his approval to the job. Currently,
>>keeping up my translation current and useful is a real pain (CVS
>>updates, intltool-update and all the other stuff, which makes it hard
>>for many to have translated .desktop and .glade files ??? especially those
>>using binary distributions).
>>

>You can use the web status pages to get updated po files, and work on them;
>it would be much less painful.
>(in particular for translators that don't have CVS/intltool/etc,)

You didn't quite understand where is the "pain": it's in that I don't
have access to GNOME CVS, and so cannot upload my translations. I've
sent them a few times to Serbian language team coordinator Tomislav, but
he just welcomed and never done anything else.

>>The best argument I can make for myself is the translation I've made
>>available at http://www.kvota.net/prevod/
>>

>I suggest you name the files not as xxxx.po but as xxxx-ll.po
>that is particularly true in the case of Serbian as there would be
>two files (one generated from the other, but two anyway):
>xxxx-sp.po xxxx-sr.po or xxxxx-sr xxxxx-sh.po in case the language code
>change goes on.

Well, I'm currently only translating with cyrillic alphabet (as you
mentioned earlier, it can easily be transformed to latin if necessary).

Cheers,
Daneelo.