Re: More "what do you do with..?" questions

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Christian Rose wrote:

> Are you sure there isn't a corresponding word for that in Dutch? The

At least none that I know of!

> ("lexikonvolym"). In the second case volume means "piece of a literary
> set", and I think that's where the computer meaning of "storage unit"
> comes from: to signify that it's about one unit out of (possibly) many
> for the same purpose.

Yes, that's what we indicate with 'deel' but that's the corresponding
translation for 'part' too, and it doesn't sound right in the context.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout@cs.vu.nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778