Re: Adding I18N support to ATK

I've added you as CC as I don't know if you're on the list.

"Padraig O'Briain" <Padraig.Obriain@Sun.COM> writes:
> I need to add support for localizable string to atk for GNOME 2.2.
>
> Does a HOW-TO document exist which describes what I need to do?

I don't think so. You're talking about ATK, the library, right?

There are the info pages for gettext which unfortunately are somewhat
difficult to navigate (they seem to contain a lot of cruft, someone
needs to look into this sometime). But I *think* you just need to put
your strings inside calls to dgettext (something like dgettext("atk",
"I18n string")) and set up a po directory.

It's usually easiest to copy a po directory from some other similar
project - in this case, some other library. Also, it's common practice
to define the macro _() in some header as an alias for the gettext
call.

Hope this helps. Else I think it'd be better to ask on gtk-devel or
something like that - most people here only get to see things from the
translator perspective, not the developer one.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/