GNOME 2.2 UI Review Time

Hey there,

Okay, so it's UI Review time again [1]. We've almost reached our first
GNOME 2.2 deadline - October 31st for Feature Freeze [2].

Effectively, this gives us a month to

	- review existing UI
	- review proposed changes to UI
	- file bugs against all changes

>From November 30th, there is a full UI freeze, except for any of the
proposed changes that are in bugzilla.gnome.org marked with the prefix
'[ui-review]' in the bug summary [3]

For the 2.0 review, a couple of us sat on #ui-review [irc.gnome.org] for
the day and went methodically through the UI for panel, nautilus,
desktop preferences and gnome-terminal. Obviously this time we'd like to
get through more things and create a greater level of consistancy
throughout the desktop. All conversation was logged on IRC and spilled
over to some of the mailing lists as neccessary.

We need to come up with a plan of how to handle this proccess in terms
of what we are reviewing, and how we go about doing so. We also need
people willing to help out. Ideally people involved should have a good
knowledge of existing docs:

	- current HIG guidelines
	- documentation style guide
	- accessibility guidelines
	- translations

If anyone has any comments, feel free to share them. Otherwise we'll end
up following what we did last time around - which, unfortunately, can
make people feel excluded [due to work committments and timezones].

			See ya,
				Glynn ;)

[1] I'm pretty sure that this was successful the last time, so it seems
    like a sensible idea to keep the routine going

[2] http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/schedule/

[3] Luis, I guess we may want to use keywords instead?